Thursday, January 2, 2020

Happy New 2020 Year! In the Garden


January, the coldest month here, sometimes snow, rain and frosts occur, the days are short and dark. A thin layer of snow fell down in the first day of the New year and I wanted to go to my garden to look at it in the snow. The snow has not melted yet, although the temperature was +1 C. 
My garden sleeps, covered with a white blanket. The water in the pond froze and turned into ice.



I can't walk for a long time because of cold. But love to shovel snow from the paths, look at the birds. They often fly up to the bird feeder so I add seeds and some lard for these little creatures.




On January days the sun rarely shines through low gray clouds. It is sad to look at the bare trees and shrubs, only spruce, thuja and pine trees are green against a white and gray background.


As it quickly darkens I prefer to early return to the city. Do you love walking in cold days or you prefer to stay at home? Howbeit, 


HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL YOU!

15 comments:

  1. I like to get outside for at least part of every day, and I dress for the conditions. Walking in the cold bothers me far less than walking in oppressive heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nadezda!
    I don't like walking on cool and cloudy days. I prefer to stay home then.
    I wish you peace in your soul, glow in your eyes, a smile on your face,
    love in your heart, and happiness in life.
    From all my heart, I want you all the best in New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year, dear Nadezda!
    I try to have every day at least one short walk outside also in wintertime... even though it's cold, dark and slippery. :) Getting older, I have started to appreciate a little bit more southern climates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear Nadezda,

    It looks so nice with fresh new snow! We have snow on the ground here too, but it's old and have been wet more than one time. It's very slippery outside here now.
    Happy New Year!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, dear Nadezda! You are luckuy to have snow! It creates good holiday spirit. Unforutnately we have none! And the year 2019 was recorded the warmest in recorded history in Estonia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Preciosas. Cuanta nieve!! Este año por aquí no tenemos Me gusta caminar Nadezda. Casi todos los días nos damoos un paso por la Vía Verde,con el frío nos abrigamos.
    Gracias amiga por tus deseos. Desde Béjar te deseamos también un buen año 2020. Que venga con muchas alegrías para tí y tu familia.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prefiero caminar con frío que con calor. Espero que hayas tenido unos días estupendos. Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Querida Nadezda si que dan frío tus preciosas fotos, pero se ve muy muy hermoso. Las aves están felices con tus comederos. Te envió mi cariño y el deseo para ti y tu familia de un feliz y maravilloso 2020. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful winter wonderland! Oh I love to have a walk in the snow!!! Thank you for your lovely visit. Happy happy happy New Year and all my best
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the year of 2020 bring you lots of happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year Nadezda and all the best to you and your family. The winter views are beautiful...like a winter wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning dear Nadezda,
    All the best wishes for a healthy and fantastic 2020. I love the vieuw of the snow in your garden. Overhere the weather is behaving crazy. 12C for January is not normal. The roses are already thriving and I've seen Narcisus in bloom.
    Have a wonderful week ahead!! Rosehugs Marijke

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year. Keep wrapped up warmly in all that snow

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Nadezda's Northern Garden blog!
I'm glad to read your friendly comments very much.
Feel free to comment on the posts or photos
I warmly welcome the new followers on my blog.