Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Spring Growing Plan


I love the time of the end of winter, when I plan what to grow to decorate the garden. This year is no exception, I've already received the first order, these are packs with flower seeds. 
This spring I decided to grow seedlings of Brachycome (above), because it turns out much cheaper than buying an already grown plant. Brachycome is a very graceful, highly branched, annual plant of 15-25 cm tall. 



It blooms profusely from mid-June about 75-90 days with numerous small inflorescence. I bought the seeds of white and blue Brachcome. I hope I could grow seedlings, although seeds are small.
Many of you know well these Sunflowers (Helianthus). I've never planted them in the garden, I’m still not sure that they will like the garden soil.


Although on the Internet they say that Sunflowers are undemanding flowers. These are two varieties: Teddy Bear and Ice Cream. Teddy is yellow and fluffy, and Ice Cream has a dark center.

I used to grow seedlings of my favorite Chinese Asters (Callistephus) every year, plant them in large tubs in May. Asters wonderfully bloomed in different colors from mid-July to autumn last summer. 



I've bought a pack of a mixture of Aster varieties. It’s a pity that I can’t have my own seeds of Aster because the summer is short and they don't have time to ripen.
A package of Garden Impatiens is next to Asters. This is a variety of high
Impatiens with a pyramidal shape and many double flowers. I have not planted this Impatiens for about 10 years. 
I want to plant them near the patio between Golden globe thujas. 
Do you plan new flowers for your garden or a balcony? What are they?



23 comments:

  1. Good morning dear Nadezda,
    Exciting to seed your own plants. I hope you post photo's how they are doing.
    Maybe I should do it also.
    Have a wonderful day
    Rosehugs Marijke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to purchase packs of seed and then to see growing seedlings, Marijke.

      Delete
  2. Hello dear Nadezda,

    Beautiful flowers! It's so nice to grow your own flowers from seed.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love growing plants from seed Marit.
      Your new greenhouse is wonderful and full of plants.

      Delete
  3. I am sure that every gardener in a northern region of the world is eagerly looking forward to the next few weeks when work outside can begin in earnest. Not long to wait now, Nadezda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think David spring will come soon if March doesn't bring any surprises.

      Delete
  4. Your garden will definitely look beautiful.
    I have a small balcony and I can't plant any more flowers, just keep the flowers I have there.
    Hugs and all the best

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers, your garden will be very magical. :) I do not have any plans, not yet. hihi O wait, I want a wooden window frame on the wall. :D I think I will buy asters this time because I miss them so much. :)
    Sending you lots of love. :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love wooden window frames more than plastic ones Agnes:-)
      Asters are ones of my favorite annuals as well.

      Delete
  6. Your garden will be beautiful! Do you dry the asters and keep them in your house for winter colour? I bought an "Indigofera Pendula" last September, a lovely pink shrub with flowers a little bit like a pea, do you know it? I had the plan of planting it in my rather small bit of garden. However it was so pretty that I kept it in its pot on the balcony so that I could look at it from my dining room instead. It's lost all its leaves for winter, and I'm now wondering if I should repot it in a larger pot, and plant it out in the autumn, which is the correct time. Or, would it be safe to put it in the ground this Spring? It's been extremely wet, but the temperature has barely gone below freezing all winter here. I wish I had planted it out at the proper time now :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this plant Jenny, it's very pretty with its arched flower branches.
      Yes you can plant it in spring in a sunny place in your small garden.
      I'll write more in your blog.

      Delete
  7. Te estás preparando bien amiga. Tendrás precioso el jardín con tantas flores.
    Nosotros estamos empezando a remover la tierra del huerto. Que abril está cerca y habrá que empezar a sembrar.
    Buen miércoles Nadezda.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, que trabajo muy pesado de remover la tierra. Pero la primavera se acerca y tenemos que sembrar verduras y flores.
      Te deseo buen salud, cuidate.

      Delete
  8. I need to still have a think about the new plants that I want to grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Sue. You have got a lot of plants in your greenhouse.

      Delete
  9. Son muy lindas las flores que vas a plantar. Yo sembré azucenas,tulipanes,dalias y espero algunas más. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seguro que tu jardin va a verse muy lindo, Teresa.
      Buen dia!

      Delete
  10. The Aster give beautiful flowers, Nadezda, they are port of my garden too.
    I wish you a happy week!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine how nice your asters are Tania.
      All the best!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by Nadezda's Northern Garden blog!
I'm glad to read your friendly comments very much.
Feel free to comment on the posts or photos
I warmly welcome the new followers on my blog.