Thursday, July 15, 2021

Multicolored Garden, July 2021

Summer, July and colors. When I go out into the garden it is motley and multicolored. Blue red yellow silvery and of course green in all shades.  Despite the intense heat of +30 +34 C (84... 87 F) for the second month (!!) the plants are all alive and blooming. Of course, it's all about watering and feeding.

So let's talk about colors. I want to show you the silver color. It's Cineraria Maritime that grows as a border plant and in flower beds of my garden. I usually cultivate Cineraria Maritime as an annual decorative foliage plant, although in other climate it is a perennial. I love it has beautiful, separate leaves covered with silvery felt underneath.


 
 
Dahlia shows a bright yellow color this year. I planted it in a tub and it grows and blooms perfectly. The bright yellow flowers look good in the evening. 

 
 
 
For a long time I wanted to have cornflowers in the garden and kept forgetting to buy seeds in the spring. When I bought the seeds of red cornflowers I immediately imagined how they would look in the bed. (They are on my desktop now :-)
 


Roses show delicate pink colors. One of the ordered roses was supposed to be white and climbing, but now it turned out to be a red floribunda rose. Since I thought it would be a climbing one I decided to grow it in a tub for this summer. I will transplant it into the ground in the fall
Have you ever had such cases when, instead of the ordered (bought) rose, you received another variety?  
 




 
Blue and purple flowers are always welcome in the garden. There are not many plants of these colors. Clematis 'President' didn't let me down, blue large flowers adorn a rather modest place in the garden. The Carnation blooms with purple flowers, I really liked it and I decided to multiply it next year. The light blue Delphinium is too high this year.
 




 
The hostas are too large this summer. They apparently like the hot weather very much. In addition, snails hide in hot weather and hostas look pretty.




Reygrass (Arrhenatherum elatius) grows well without watering in such weather.  
White Astilbe rounds off this multicolored show. It grows next to a thuja,  that was planted last autumn.



I'm sitting in a gazebo with a laptop, finishing my post, it's hot again + 30C, now I need to take a cold shower! Of course, this grasshopper is hot too:

 
Bye for now.
What colors appeared in your garden in July?

 

35 comments:

  1. We are on the other side of the planet, and the weather is rainy here. The sun almost doesn’t shown on the sky, and it is pretty cold in July. (By the way, why do you already have July 21st? :-))
    Green color is dominating now, because everything grows intensively.
    Despite the rainy weather all the garden flowers are in the full bloom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irina, I would like your weather to come here, we need wind, rain and clouds. The heat of 86 F is too much for us northern people. Glad your garden blooms well. I meant it's July 2021, so I corrected the title of the post.

      Delete
  2. Intense heat seems to be routine of late, even in the northern regions of the world. It's probably a condition that both gardens and gardeners will have to learn contend with. The colours jn your garden right now are breathtaking, Nadezda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, David, many gardeners are having a good experience this hot summer. Now I have learned that water tanks have to be large and every drop of rain has to be inside them :-)

      Delete
  3. It's very hot at your place, Nadezda. Here it's 28 C right now, and it's to hot anyway.
    Your garden and your roses are very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to forecasts, the heat will end and the temperature will drop to 27 C. Let it be early!
      Glad you like my July garden, Marit.

      Delete
  4. Täällä Suomessakin on jatkunut pitkään pakahduttava helle. Jopa + 33 astetta varjossa.
    Kaunista kukintaa puutarhassasi.
    Meillä kukintaa on nyt punaisen, sinisen, keltaisen ja liilan väreissä.
    Mukavaa heinäkuun jatkoa. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too hot weather at your place Anemone.
      I do love colorful gardens.

      Delete
  5. Hi Nadezda! You have lovely colors in the garden,-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, I water my garden very often.

      Delete
  6. Boa tarde Nadezda. Impossível não se apaixonar pelo seu maravilhoso e bem cuidado jardim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Luis, estoy contenta que te guste mi jardin.

      Delete
  7. Se ven preciosas tus flores. Por aquí también hace calor, y sí también me ha pasado con las dalias, he pedido unas variedades y me han salido otras ( pero todas preciosas ) Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verás, Teresa, esto suele pasar con las órdenes. Compré dalias en Jardin Centro y son exactamente lo que quería.
      ¡Feliz julio!

      Delete
  8. I like all your flowers and many colors and I have a lot of colors too. I have never seen red cornflower - very pretty.
    Oh yes, I know of receiving a wrong plant. This spring I ordered a Lonicera and last week the first flower opened and turned out to be a clematis!
    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Lisbeth I think your new clematis is a pretty one. I have Lonicera caprifolium, it's a liana and blooms and smells great.Not paying attention to the shape of the leaves?, they are different for clematis and lonicera.

      Delete
    2. Unfortunately I could not see the difference on the leaves. Yes the clematis is nice, but I was looking forward to a smelling Lonicera. The webshop has promised to send a new and right Lonicera later this year.

      Delete
  9. Hi Nadezda,
    How beautiful your garden is, how many wonderful flowers.
    I love having a space like that.
    The last photo with the grasshopper is fantastic.
    Hugs and all the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Maria
      grasshopper was hot and it does not move. So the photo turned out to be good. My garden with added plot is big enough, you're right.

      Delete
  10. Preciosas Nadezda.Maravilla de rosas. Está lleno de flores con lindos colores. También tenemos mucho calor por aquí amiga.
    Buena semana. Cuídate.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Afortunadamente, la temperatura bajó a + 24 ° C y las plantas empezaron a verse mejor.
      Me encanta que te gusten mis flores, Laura.
      ¡Abrazos!

      Delete
  11. All your blooms are so beautiful Nadezda and I like the silvery foliage of Cineraria Maritime and your Dahlias and roses! We have a similar plant that grows here in zone 7 called Dusty Miller. It is hardy in zones 8 and higher, but has been known to winter over. It looks very much like your Cineraria Maritime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee, to have silvery color in a garden I have chosen Cineraria Maritime for it hardiness in zone 5a. I like this name Dusty Miller! Of course this color adds something interesting to a garden.

      Delete
  12. Dear Nadezda!
    Oh how wonderful your Clematis 'President' and the roses are. I saw a red cornflower for the first time. He is lovely.

    Hugs and greetings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucja, I wanted to plant cornflowers and when I saw these red cornflowers I immediately bought a packet. Now I'm glad seeing them in the garden.
      Greetings!

      Delete
  13. Hello Nadezda, your garden looks wonderful.
    Fortunately the weather has become cooler both in your area and here.
    Take care! 🌺💚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara, I'm glad too that the weather is cooler now than some days before.
      Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  14. Dear Nadezda,
    your summer garden is filled with colours and beauty. Yes, hot here too in the south of Austria - so I'm watering as you do. But we are lucky, no thunderstorms at all, no flut, no storms.
    So enjoy your garden paradise and have a wonderful time
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, looking forward to cooler weather and a break from the daily watering.
      Glad you liked my garden in July.

      Delete
  15. Hello Nadezda ;-) it seems we have been going through the same weather patterns .. the heat and humidity have been heavy handed but we have had rain too so the garden is happy with that. I too have the President clematis and it is very vigorous indeed !
    I love mixing silver coloured plants with vibrant colours , it helps tone them down a bit and is a good contrast to them.
    Your garden is looking wonderful .. and yes ! I have been sent substitutes for a plant I ordered as well, you never know you liked them until that happens ? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, you liked the plant that was sent to you, Joy. My clematis are finishing flowering due to hot weather. Today we have a good rain, so the plants are happy, and so am I. :-)

      Delete
  16. Que maravilloso jardín, tus plantas están preciosas y tienes una gran variedad. Me encanta. Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Nadezda's Northern Garden blog!
I'm glad to read your friendly comments very much.
Feel free to comment on the posts or photos
I warmly welcome the new followers on my blog.