Monday, March 12, 2012

A Beauty grows near an arbor


   The Hydrangea (Hydrangea paniculata Sieb.), an ornamental shrub grows near my garden arbor. Its large flower bunches attract butterflies, bees, bumble bees, flies and beetles.
   I planted the Hydrangea in the spring, seven years ago. It was one of my first plants.
I’ve read that due to increased demand in the moisture a Hydrangea can’t be planted under the trees, and I’ve chosen the place for it in partial shade near the arbor.
    It‘s not difficult to look after the hydrangea: to fertilize for the best buds flowering next year, to cut its dry branches in the spring. Hydrangea bushes are thickened without pruning, have neglected appearance. 

   I multiply it myself, this is not complicated; take the cuttings at the beginning of June, from the upper part of the shoots. This is a photo of the young  Hydrangea.
    In July, my Hydrangea starts blooming. First, it dresses in light green tones, and then flowers become white and fragrant. From August until frost my Beauty stands in the pink - carmine dress.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - this is gorgeous! I have several hydrangeas, but not this kind. I'll have to be on the lookout for one. I love the way it turns pink, too. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Nadezda's Northern Garden blog!
I'm glad to read your friendly comments very much.
Feel free to comment on the posts or photos
I warmly welcome the new followers on my blog.