Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Artificial Neural Networks

There is a lot of talk about artificial intelligence and neural networks. I saw the drawings that the ANN made on Sara's blog and I liked it. 

I wanted to know how to find this neural network and how to manage it. It turned out it wasn't all that difficult.  

Wikipedia knows everything. "Artificial neural networks, usually simply called neural networks or neural nets, are computing systems inspired by the biological neural networks that constitute animal brains. An ANN is based on a collection of connected units or nodes called artificial neurons, which loosely model the neurons in a biological brain".  

There they explained to me the principle of the ANN. There they explained to me the principle of ANN operation (I didn’t really understand, but it doesn’t matter :)) 

Task: sun, trees, snow

 “Such systems “learn” to perform tasks by looking at examples, usually without programming rules for specific tasks. For example, in image recognition, they can learn to identify images containing "trees" by analyzing examples of images that were created by hand. They do this without any prior knowledge of trees. Instead, they automatically generate identifying characteristics from the examples they process."

Task: yellow leaves, blue sky, bare branches

I decided to play with the neural network so that it draws pictures for me. First, I wrote a task of words and clicked "send" and got the drawings that I show here.

Task: blue sea, white ship, sun

Task: park, trees, red flowers, bed

 

Task: river, fisherman

 

 

Task (specially for David): grey plover, snowy egret, brown pelican, tit, flycatcher, tree



What do you think, is there a future in the development of a neural network? Where can artificial intelligence be used?

source: http://openai.com/dall-e-2/

18 comments:

  1. Hola Nadezda. Creo que hay futuro y que esta muy cerca, me preocupa el uso que se haga de esto, un fuerte abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is difficult to imagine how an artificial neural network will be used, Lola.

      Delete
  2. There are no limit for this new tecnology, Nadezda. Soon works of art, books and music created by humans will be redundant. I think it's a sad development even though I like technology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marit, I hope that what has been produced by humans will be preserved and will develop too.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the shoutout, Nadezda. This new technology is quite amazing, daunting for many of us, and even a little scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, David, that there is something unexpected about artificial intelligence, its possibilities. I think it drew the birds correctly?

      Delete
  4. Si es para bien me parece interesante. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorprende amiga. No se si será para bien o no. Pero pensar en ellos de momento da un poco de temor. Te creó buenas fotos.
    Ya hemos preparado el huerto y empezaremos a sembrar.
    Buen fin de semana.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me alegro de que sigas haciendo jardinería, Laura. Cultivo plántulas de tomate para un invernadero. Buen sábado. Beso.

      Delete
  6. Hi Nadezda,
    Very interesting. I didn't know about this ANN technology, my husband talks a lot about GPT and says it's very useful but I don't usually use any of these applications.
    I believe that in the future they will be used more and more in the most diverse areas.
    Have a nice weekend my friend
    Greetings from Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Maria. The future will show. Have a nice Sunday, here it's cold and rainy.

      Delete
  7. La primera imagen es impactante. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias J.P. Glad you liked this picture of ANN.

      Delete
  8. On my phone I can take a photo of a flower and it is analysed and the flower is then names - very clever but a bit spooky too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had such a smart device on my phone too, Sue.

      Delete
  9. I am delighted with the new technology.
    Hugs and greetings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm interested in new technology as well, Lucja. Hugs!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by Nadezda's Northern Garden blog!
I'm glad to read your friendly comments very much.
Feel free to comment on the posts or photos
I warmly welcome the new followers on my blog.