Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Warm Days

 

 Mid May. The snow disappeared as if it never existed. There is a lot of work in the garden. I want to move the composter closer to the path so as not to walk there on wet grass. I have to clean the greenhouse for tomato seedlings, because the high bed was occupied by roses in the winter. By the way, they all overwintered well in the greenhouse. Now they need to be planted in tubs and placed in the garden. My favorite pastime is to make the garden cozy and pleasing to the eye.

 





Tomato seedlings are growing well. I planted the seeds late this year. I didn’t want to mess with them, but then I changed my mind and now the tomatoes are growing on the windowsill. They are waiting to be transported and planted in a greenhouse.

 


New plants for the garden are growing inside, on the windowsill. This year I decided to plant some perennials. They are easier to care for and winter well without shelter. Of course I planted Tagetes, I love their color and smell. In addition, Tagetes works well against insect pests.

 

Buddleja red

Buddleja purple

Veronica blue


Tagetes

I have several plants that I moved to the city in the fall and will soon bring back to the garden. In the spring they grow inside and when they are already big and blooming I plant them in the garden. Of course, this is a burden and unnecessary problems. But I like them ...

Begonia


 Calla Zantedeschia pink


Soon I will transfer all plants to the garden.

What are you doing now in the garden, in the house?

 

 

My video of stained glass:


 


26 comments:

  1. I love such posts. I love reading about plants, about working in the garden. Lovely photos dear Nadezda. I also have tomatoes. A friend of my brother gave us a little seedling of tomatoes, papper and physalis. I hope they will grow beautifully. My and Mom's balcony garden is already full of flowers. This is my happy place. All the best for you dear Nadezda! <3 :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish your balcony garden get prettier and your flowers bloom beautifully, OdnowionaJa.

      Delete
  2. There is lots of work to do in the garden in early spring, Nadezda, but I am sure that it is the time of year every gardener looks forward to most eagerly, despite the aching limbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right David 'despite the aching limbs' I do whatever it takes to keep the garden clean and tidy.

      Delete
  3. I need to move some of my plants into larger pots and give them new soil. I have African Violets that are wilting, maybe from being outside where it is colder. They were in the house. Have you ever grown African Violets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandi, I every day look at the thermometer and move roses in and out the greenhouse :0) Yes, I grew these violets and was surprised that they are difficult to grow inside and I would not risk growing them outside.

      Delete
    2. I moved them into another pot with new soil and brought them inside. I hope that helps. The roots look very dry, but the plant's stalks and leaves look good.

      Delete
    3. Sure they will survive, Sandi.

      Delete
  4. Las jardíneras tenemos demasiado trabajo en el jardín. Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have very similar climate, Nadezda. I clean up the garden too. It's a lot of work, but I love it. Nice buddleia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first my experience in growing buddleia, Marit. Hope it will grow and bloom well. All the best in your garden.

      Delete
  6. Boa tarde de quarta-feira e obrigado pela visita.
    Gostaria de passear por esse jardim minha querida Nadezda.
    Luiz Gomes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing my best in the garden, Louis. Thanks for the kind words.

      Delete
  7. Que este trabajo se de bien Nadezda. Llega el buen tiempo y hay que preparar para que luego todo luzca bien. Preciosas plantas.
    Buen fin de semana.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Laura. Llega verano muy pronto, voy a tener tiempo para descanzar.

      Delete
  8. It is true, Nadezda, the tagetes are beneficial in the middle of tomatoes.
    Have a nice weekend!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Tania. Tagetes grow well between tomatoes. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Hi Nadezda,
    In spring there is a lot to do, but nature makes up for it by being reborn and offering the beauty of its wonderful flowers.
    I especially loved your beautiful tulips.
    I enjoyed watching your video, what an interesting and fantastic stained glass.
    Have a nice Sunday
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria that you liked my flowers and video. All the best.

      Delete
  10. Dear Nadezda!
    Your seedlings are beautiful and healthy. Most importantly, they enjoy. I also make seedlings of tomatoes, peppers, marigolds, lettuce.
    Hugs and greetings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure your seedlings are well too, Lucja. Good luck in your gardening.

      Delete
  11. Nadezda- Your spring garden is so pretty! I love those gorgeous tulip blooms and the Daffodils too! It has finally been warm enough here at night to plant herbs outside. I am sure you are not far behind. Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee, nighttime temperatures are still cold here, so I'm afraid to move the flowers outside the greenhouse. I think it will be warm enough at the end of May.

      Delete
  12. Shop bought tomatoes can't compete with home grown though can they?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Nadezda's Northern Garden blog!
I'm glad to read your friendly comments very much.
Feel free to comment on the posts or photos
I warmly welcome the new followers on my blog.